Privacy, Legal information and Disclaimers
GoatCloud Communications LLC is a U.S.-based provider of digital services including website development, hosting, and maintenance, online advertising assistance, and other activities aimed at helping our customers and clients to thrive online.
Information on this website and every GoatCloud online property is offered solely for educational and entertainment purposes. It is provided as is, and by visiting this site or any GoatCloud online property you agree to hold GoatCloud harmless for any action or omission of yours after reading, watching, listening to, or otherwise interacting with the information. The information we provide is necessarily general in nature and it is not intended for application to any particular situation. There is no legal advice on this website or any GoatCloud property. If you need legal advice, please obtain the services of a lawyer.
The information contained on our online properties may be forwarded to third parties provided you cite the source. GoatCloud Communications LLC holds the copyright to all original content. All rights are reserved. We do not permit the wholesale copying of articles or material without prior written approval. Posting of short excerpts with citation to the source is permitted.
We may mention the services of third parties on this website. Unless we say otherwise, such mention is not necessarily an endorsement. Caveat emptor. For those who don’t speak Latin, that means “buyer beware”.
We do not intentionally misuse the copyrighted property of any other party. If you believe we have used copyrighted or otherwise protected content in error, please let us know.
We cooperate with law enforcement to the full extent required by law.
We respect your privacy.
Customers: We ask for your account information which includes your name, business name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card and bank account information (stored directly with a third party processor), and website domain. By voluntarily providing us with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
Marketing Participants: We may ask for your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. Participation in events, surveys, contents, or subscribing to marketing material is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this personal data.
Website Visitors: At your option, we ask for and may collect your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other information as part of aggregated data.
About certain tools we use to collect data
We may use Google Adsense to deliver ads to visitors. You can learn more about changing your Google Ads settings by visiting this page: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856?hl=en&ref_topic=2971788.
We also use Facebook code to monitor website traffic. If you have a Facebook account, we may collect non-individualized data about your visits to this website. We may use this information to market our services generally on the Facebook platform. You can learn more about Facebook privacy here: https://www.facebook.com/about/basics.
Cookies, tracking technologies
How we use your information
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with us for our services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of our services.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our services or online properties.
- To develop new features and functionality to our services and online properties.
- To collect payment and bill for our services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the our online properties, or found in terms or an agreement between you and us.
- For other purposes for which we first obtain your consent.
How we share information
We share the information we collect about you in the following ways:
Advertising – Based on the cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions – To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data – We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers for research purposes relating to our services.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. We may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety – We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of GoatCloud in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent – We may share your information with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from us at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at [email protected] As above, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your account or contacting us at [email protected]
Data retention and security
When we no longer have a legitimate business need to process your personal information, or no longer have a need to keep your personal information for any legal, tax, or regulatory reason, we will either delete or anonymize it.
We take all reasonable steps to protect information received from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to secure your information, and we use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for your data that is transferred over the internet. Despite its use of encryption, we cannot guarantee any method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
Data subject rights
Depending on jurisdiction, you may have additional statutory rights available to you with respect to your personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email [email protected] and we will respond within thirty (30) days. We will need to verify that any individual inquiring about his/her own information is in fact that individual before we can assist with the request. We will comply with such requests to the extent legally required by applicable law. EU individuals also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Our online properties and services are not directed at children and our services are designed for consumers and businesses. We do not knowingly market to or collect information from or about children under 13 years of age. Use of our online properties or services by a child is forbidden.
Any of these policies may change at any time without prior notice. If they change materially, we will post a notice on our website along with the changes. If you do not agree with the changes, you may terminate your services.
If you have any concerns about this policy, or wish to have information about you that we have collected deleted, email us at [email protected] Or write to:
GoatCloud Communications LLC
2215 Nott St #190
Schenectady, NY 12309
Last updated materially May 24, 2018.