Basic online presence audit
Audit requested: March 4, 2015.
Audit delivered: March 8, 2015
The audit is here: https://goatcloud.com/basic-online-presence-audit-apex-device/. We created this URL (web address) just for you. Search engines have been directed to not index this page (so it shouldn’t show up in search results) and it is otherwise shielded on this site from others seeing it. Basically, you need the URL to find it. You can certainly share this URL with anyone you like, but we won’t be sharing it unless you tell us to.
You’ll see that this is a very basic audit. Why? Simply put, we would need to charge for anything more than a basic audit. Please note too that we use this template for all of our basic audits. Does that mean that this audit is not personalized for you? No! A real live human (Cliff Rohde, our Chief Executive Goat) looked at your website and reviewed your online presence and thought about it. Our observations are in the table below.
Before you read them, please know too that no website is perfect. Every website, including GoatCloud’s, is always in need of some tweaking because the demands of being online change all the time. Know too that problems identified below can be fixed!
A couple of words on social media
Using social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and etc.) can be a very effective way to broadcast your message and engage in dialog with your target audience. Here are some basic tips:
- Always link back to your website on any social media outlet.
- Search engines favor websites that have connected and integrated social media accounts.
- Understand how the individual social media outlet works and how its users use it. For instance, you are limited to 140 characters of text on Twitter, but not on Facebook or Google+. Facebook tends to be “chattier” and permit more of a dialogue than does Twitter. Google+ has a reputation of appealing to more technology-oriented individuals. More women than men use Pinterest.
- Know what social media outlet(s) your target audience is more apt to use and establish a presence there.
- If you establish an account, you have to use it! Social media accounts that look empty and unused are shunned.
- Make sure that if you hire someone to manage your social media accounts that they know your voice. You do not want the wrong messages to be broadcast to your audience.
- Remember that social media is about being social – permit, and respond to, communication back to you.
- Share your website content on social media outlets. “Repackage” it into the right format.
Some other words, on online advertising
Organic or unpaid search results are commonly misperceived as “free”. They are not free because a successful organic search campaign can take months of hard work, whether it’s your own or your vendor’s. That doesn’t seem so free to us.
Online advertising, such as through Google’s or Bing’s ad systems, or via Facebook or Twitter (and other social media outlets) is a way to deliver traffic to your site immediately, though you also pay out of pocket immediately. But that does not mean it’s not cost effective.
We develop strategic, targeted, effective online ad campaigns. Learn about our pay-per-click (PPC) (also known as SEM or search engine marketing) ad services here. And did you know that Google permits qualifying non-profits to advertise on their network for free?
Here are some online tools to help you to review and improve your own online presence:
- Open Site Explorer: http://opensiteexplorer.org
- Hubspot Marketing Grader: http://marketing.grader.com
- MXToolbox: http://mxtoolbox.com
- GTMetrix: http://gtmetrix.com
- Moz Local: http://moz.com/local
We hope you found this no-obligation audit of value. If so, please give us a positive rating/review on Google+: http://plus.google.com/+Goatcloud.
It goes without saying that we work on all these issues. And more! You can learn more about what we can do for you to improve your online presence here.